Sunday, April 17, 2011

Scrapbooking Challenge, Day #1

For the last few years, I have been wanting to start a "college" scrapbook, but I really haven't had the time or money to devote to actually doing it. I took my first scrapbooking class when I was about 10 years old and have loved it ever since. I made a scrapbook for S for Christmas two years ago, but haven't worked on pages for myself in a VERY long time. All of you scrapbookers out there know this, but for those who don't...this hobby is quite expensive! However,  I know that the cost of scrapbooking supplies isn't going to get any cheaper and if I don't start/finish this project in the next few months, I probably won't ever do it. So, today was the day that I started. I went to Michael's Craft Store with a budget of $100. Since I didn't buy an actual album today, I collected lettered stickers, scrapbooking paper, and cute embellishments. I ended up spending $92. So, yay for staying under my budget, even though I still went a little crazy and bought way too much stuff!

So far I have the following pages planned:

-"Back to school" (first year/dorm pictures)
-"Football" (UCLA pride pictures)
-"Day at the beach"
-"Halloween" (Hello, Santa Barbara freshman year!)
-"Christmas" ( P*Possy decorating a random tree on campus for Christmas)
-"Saint Pattys Day" (DSP's Dublin!)
-"Mexico" (yay Frat Date Parties)
-"The Netherlands" --that gets two pages! :)
-"Italy"
-"Germany" (Oktoberfest!)
-"England/Scotland"
-"Paris" (and Paris Disney!)
-"Spain"
-"Washington D.C."
-"Honduras"
-"UCLA Unicamp"
-"Party Time" --that also gets two pages haha
-"Las Vegas"
-"Graduation"

I'm making a goal of finishing this project in 30 days. On my second blog post, I made a list of things that I wanted to get completed before I left for school in August. The first on my to-do list was to "do a 30-day blog challenge". However, I can't find any that I really want to do, so I'm changing that 30-day blog challenge to a 30-day scrapbooking challenge! I will post pictures as soon as I have some of my pages completed, so stay tuned. :)

3 comments:

  1. Make sure to get online with Michaels and Joann's and take advantage of their weekly 40% off coupons and other specials emailed to you. Joann's has an Iphone App if you have an Iphone, you can store your coupons there. :) Also, helpful hint - Big Lots, Dollar Tree, Ross and Walmart have supplies really inexpensive. :) Any help you need you know where I am. I have some scrapbooks that are looking for a new home if you are interested and I would give them to you for free. :) Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you so much for all of the tips! I had no idea about the coupons! I will absolutely take you up on that offer about the scrapbook albums. Let me know when you are ready to part with one and maybe I can swing by your house to pick one up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anytime. :) I'll email you my number on facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete