Sunday, May 8, 2011

Disneyland

Anyone who knows me knows how obsessed I am with Disneyland. For the four years that I was at UCLA, I had an annual pass and went to Disneyland basically any time that I could get a free day. Well, since I have been home in Northern California, I have made only two trips: one right after Thanksgiving and one two weeks ago with Elk Grove High School. As a coach of the drill team, one of the major perks of the job is a free trip to Disneyland. Yes, I had to "chaperone" the girls, but, to tell you the truth, those chaperoning duties probably lasted about 2 hours per day. The rest of the time, I could enjoy myself with my fellow coach, Jeannette, and the team.

The team left on Wednesday morning at 5 AM to drive down on a charter bus. Being the fabulous chaperone I am (sarcasm), I was not on the bus due to my work schedule. Since this was high school spring break, I was stuck at Wackford teaching Lifeguarding/CPR classes until Thursday afternoon. After my class got out on Thursday, I immediately went to the airport and flew out to Orange County. I arrived to Disneyland at 8:45 PM and met a few of the girls at Rainforest Cafe. Then, finally at around 11 PM, I went into the park for one ride--Buzz Lightyear AstroBlasters! Even though I missed the vast majority of the day, I still had a great time in those few hours.

The next day, we woke up fairly early, enjoyed the complementary breakfast buffet at Embassy Suites, and headed to the park. The majority of the day was "free time" except for the hours of 2 PM-5 PM. During that time, the team performed in the afternoon Disneyland parade. Performing in the parade was a tradition for the four years that I was on the team. However, over the past 5 or so years, that tradition stopped. So, it was exciting to be apart of this again---especially because it was a new experience for every girl on the team.

I don't have pictures as of yet, but once I get them developed, I will be sure to add them! One of the picture highlights: a team picture on the Tower of Terror. :)

Disneyland, I love you. I will miss you when I move to Michigan, but don't fret...I WILL make a trip down either during winter or spring break. In the meantime, I will be looking forward to my next trip by having this picture as the background on my work computer:

No comments:

Post a Comment