Saturday, May 21, 2011

Concert in the Park

One of my summer goals is to really explore the city of Sacramento before I move to Michigan. Yesterday, I went to "Concert in the Park," which is a summer concert series in Ceasar Chavez's Plaza downtown. They have multiple local bands come to play. This week's bands were "Agent Ribbon," "Roman Funerals," "Golden Ghosts," and "Dreaded Diamond." Yes, apparently you have to have strange two-phrased names to play at this concert haha. While (most of) the bands were pretty good, my favorite part of the evening was people watching. It was pretty crazy the diverse crowd that showed up at this event. Also, they had an awesome beer garden and a TON of food trucks. I didn't actually try the food this time, but next time I am definitely going to wait to eat until I get to the park so that I do try some of the yummy food truck food.

Here are some photos of the event:



(photo credits: Lyle Chan. Thanks Lyle!)

Concert in the park was an awesome event and I will definetely be going to more as the summer progresses. They are actually heald every Friday. If any Sacramento-ians are reading my blog and interested in going, here is the link for the info:



1 comment: