Sunday, May 8, 2011

Kailyne's Cake Shop/Mother's Day

I LOVE TO BAKE! 

May is always the month in my family with the most celebrations. We have only just completed the first week of May and there have already been two cake-making days. My step dad Sam celebrated his 51st birthday on May 2. (According to the cake, I know it looks like he turned 501, but I didn't have the right candles...haha) For his cake, I baked him a two-layered lemon cake with lemon frosting filling. He LOVES to fish, so I went with that theme. 


Today is Mother's Day. (Happy Mother's Day, Mom!) So, I baked my second cake of May: a Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. I tried my first Pineapple Upside-Down Cake a few months ago and have been wanting to try to make one. So, today was the day! I know the picture doesn't make it look to appetizing, but it was YUMMY!  

If medicine doesn't work out, maybe I can own a cake shop. Now, I just need to learn how to make a cake that doesn't come from a box! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment