Sunday, May 8, 2011

Campus Placement!

There are two options for pre-clinical campuses for first and second year medical students: East Lansing  or Grand Rapids.  While Grand Rapids is the brand-new 90-million-dollar building, I have never visited or have any idea what is around GR. In contrast, I have been to EL several times since S started school. Also, since S is going to be in Flint, Michigan next year, EL is only 40 minutes away and GR is about an hour an a half. Although I have moved to Los Angeles and the Netherlands for periods of my life without knowing anyone, I do feel much more comfortable knowing that I have someone so close during my transition to living in a new state. So, a lot of things were leading me to wanting to be in East Lansing over Grand Rapids.

Well, I got the following email on Thursday:

The latest round of preclinical campus assignments is complete.  You have been assigned to your preferred preclinical campus of East Lansing for Blocks I and II, your preclinical years at MSU CHM.  

So, yay! East Lansing here I come! Now, the apartment search really starts.


Also, in other news, a big CONGRATS to TANYA SHEVAVESH, who just finished her USMLE step 1 board exams on Friday! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you!!! And congrats to you on your campus placement! I hope you enjoy those first 1.5 years (before the torture begins!) :)

    ReplyDelete