Monday, June 24, 2013

SoCal Vacation

I spent the last weekend with S in Southern California. We got back into LAX from Hawaii Thursday evening, went to S's new apartment in Anaheim and relaxed. The next morning, at 7 AM, would be his first day of orientation as a General Surgery resident at UC Irvine.

S woke up at about 5 am to get himself ready. He strolled around the apartment, had a big breakfast, and got prepared for his first day. When he left the apartment at 6:30, I locked the door and went back to sleep for several hours. When I woke up at around 9:30AM, I realized I had the whole apartment and day to myself. Since I was RIDICULOUSLY behind on all of my TV watching, I spent about 8 hours of the day watching Lost and the Bachelorette. Instead of just sitting on the couch watching TV, I sat on the couch watching TV AND uploaded my travel pictures. Yes, I was absolutely and completely lazy. It was an amazing day. But, by the time the evening came around, I was ready for S to come home. When he finally strolled in, he had a big smile on his face. He told me about his day and how excited he was to start. He really liked his intern class and is really really happy with his program. He also was excited that he was given his long white coat and beeper.


To celebrate his first day, S and I went down to my favorite place: Disney. Specifically, we went to Downtown Disney. We walked around a little bit and then went to the AMC movie theaters to see Monsters University. I LOVED it! Seriously, so cute! I am slightly obsessed with Monster's Inc, so I was hoping that this prequel would live up to the original...and I think it definitely did! 



The next day, S and I went down to Seal Beach. We laid by the beach, had some delicious cocktails at a bar and grill right on the ocean, and walked around the cute little town! 


After coming back to S's apartment, we decided to have another night in. So, we ordered a pizza and watched Django Unchained. Another really good movie! I never thought I would say this, but I really do love Quentin Tarantino movies....or maybe I just love Leonardo DiCaprio...

The next day, S and I made our way down to Venice Beach to go to my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE restaurant in all of Los Angeles: C&Os. Its this amazing family-style italian restaurant w/ delicious garlic roles. But, even better than the food was that we got to meet up with one of my best friends, Kelsey! I haven't seen her in wayyy too long and it was so great meeting up and having a tasty meal with her! 


After our lunch, we decided to go down to the beach again. We also walked around to see the street performers, Muscle Beach, the skate park, and all of the weird little shops that give Venice Beach its personality.

After a few hours at Venice, S and I decided to head back to his place. I had to pack my bags and head to the airport to go back to Sacramento for the last week of my vacation. Even though I am happy to have another week of vacation, I was really sad to be leaving the OC, because that means that I was leaving S. He finishes orientation this week and starts his first real day of being a doctor on Tuesday. So, we had to part ways. I am going to miss him a lot, but the countdown has officially begun on when we will see each other again.

Our last picture together for a quite a long time :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment