Thursday, December 27, 2012

Los Angeles Vacation

After leaving Boston, S and I headed back to one of our favorite places: LA. We arrived around noon, got our rental car, and started thinking about what we wanted as our first meal back in Los Angeles. After living there for four years, we each had our personal favorites and not enough time to re-visit them all. In the end, we decided with a California Classic: In-n-out Burger!

"Our first family car" 

Driving through LA....*sigh*

yum. 

After we re-fueled our bodies, we headed to our hotel: The Beverly Inn. This inn was very...interesting. In one sense, it was great, because it was in the heart of Beverly Hills, but in every other aspect, it was a crap hole. Seriously though, this inn was falling apart. I'm glad we only spent one night there...

After we checked in, S got ready for his residency interview dinner, while I stayed back in the room and took a nap. After he was done with dinner, we decided to take a little trip back to Westwood to visit some of our favorite sites, get me dinner at one of the best/worst Thai food restaurants you could ever choose to eat at (Mr. Noodle), and have desert at the infamous Diddy Riese! We then ended up simply walking the streets of Westwood for a while, reminiscing about college. We also drove to my old apartment, S's old fraternity house, and my old sorority house! As silly as it sounds, I think this was the highlight of my entire trip. It was so great to be back in Westwood...I didn't realized how much I missed it. 


[Shout out: P*Posse and Sunday Night Dinners]

<3 <3 <3

S's Frat: Delta Sigma Phi

My sorority: Gamma Phi Beta

The next day, while S had his interview, I checked out of the hotel and headed to Santa Monica beach for a relaxing afternoon. After navigating through the bus system without any major problems, I spent about 3 hours at the beach. I spent about 2 1/2 of these hours simply laying in the sand, listening to music and taking pictures. I spent the other 30 minutes walking up and down the Santa Monica Pier. It was so ridiculously relaxing...I could probably have laid on that beach all day long!  



When S finished up at his interview, he drove into Santa Monica, picked me up and we headed off for our last adventure: Disneyland!

No comments:

Post a Comment