Monday, June 6, 2011

Sickness

I haven't blogged in almost two weeks! Besides my busy work schedule, I have been pretty sick over the last few weeks so I spent any of my free time in bed. Well, today I finally made it to the doctors. The diagnosis: still unknown. However, we think I may have hypothyroidism. Im getting lab tests tomorrow and Im getting an ultrasound on my thyroid in about 2 weeks. My symptoms: my temperature was down to 95 degrees, my hands are super puffy, im extremely tired, im always cold, and (probably the biggest sign) my neck around my thyroid is enlarged. So, although I dont want to be diagnosed with something that I will be have to be treated for the rest of my life, I really hope that I can get something to make my sickness go away.

Besides my sickness, my last two weeks have basically consisted of:
1) Working almost 40 hours/week
2) Reading Harry Potter books 1-4 (I read all 750 pages of book 4 in a matter of 5 days!!!)
3) Further exploration of Sacramento (namely, the County Fair).
4) Exercise! I have really tried to stick with my lap swimming schedule and I have been trying to get my mom to work out on my WiiFit Biggest Loser Challenge game. Yesterday, we started with Kickboxing and Yoga.

Thats all for now. Its bed time for Kailyne. Cross your fingers for my lab work/ultrasound to go well!

3 comments:

  1. Did you have another sickness before the hypothyroid symptoms came on? Like a flu or something?

    And did you experience any symptoms of hyperthyroidism as well?

    In any case, I hope you feel better soon! It's a good thing you'll be a doctor in a few years :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kailyne, so sorry to hear your not feeling well. I am just catching up on my reader and came by this. :( I hope they figure out what it is soon so you can start something to feel better. What am I going to do with you and Chelsea???? No more sickness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both of you!

    Tanya-I have been having the temperature thing for a long time, but I did start feeling sick at the end of May with a cold or the flu and most of my symptoms got worse then. They have kind of stuck since then. As far as hyperthyroid symptoms, I don't think I have too many of those other than fatigue, but that is just the same symptom for hypo-.

    Terri-How is Chelsea doing? I have been following your posts on facebook! I hope she gets better soon too!

    ReplyDelete