Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bubbles, Baths, and Books

As a teenager, I never understood why people would read for fun. Although I have always been a good student, reading books that were outside my required reading in school never appealed to me. Over the last few years, however, my thoughts on this have completely changed. In college, I really began to appreciate how many great books there are and how enjoyable laying in bed with a good book can be. Unfortunately, I had very little free time at UCLA and, as a result, this new found thrill for reading was pushed aside. So, one of my goals for my year off of school was to read as many books as I could. 

One thing that has really helped me dig into all of these great books is my (also new found) love for bubble baths. My parents have a jet-spa style bath tub and I have found that NOTHING is more relaxing after a long day at work than a hot bath, bubbles, and a great book. Simply the best.

Anyways, I have created a "summer reading list" in my head, but thought it would be great if I could jot it down to make sure I remember all of the books I have completed and all of the books I still must pick up.

So far this summer (since April), I have read the following books:
-"A Walk To Remember"-Nicholas Sparks
-"The Pact"-Jodi Piccoult
-"The Rescue"-Nicholas Sparks
-"Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone"- J.K. Rowling
-"Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets"- J.K. Rowling
-"Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban"- J.K. Rowling
-"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"- J.K. Rowling
-"Eat, Pray, Love"-Elizabeth Gilbert

I am currently reading: 
-"The Lovely Bones"-Alice Sebold

Still on my summer reading list:
-"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix"-J.K. Rowling
-"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"- J.K. Rowling
-"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows"- J.K. Rowling
-"19 Minutes"-Jodi Piccoult
-"Keeping Faith"-Jodi Piccoult
-"In Stitches"-Anthody Youn, M.D.
-"House of God"-Samuel Shm

If anyone else has any good suggestions, let me know! I have to read as much as I possibly can before I start school, because then I will unfortunately be back at a point where I will have to push this new-found love of books aside. 

4 comments:

  1. reading books in a bubble bath is seriously one of my favorite things ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Hot Zone" - Richard Preston

    It's my favorite book of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read "The Hot Zone" because of you A Den! :)

    I just finished Stieg Larsson's series ("The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" plus its two sequels) and it was SO GOOD. Definitely read it if you haven't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have a book at hand. Ereader, paperbacks and Kindle on my Iphone. I have to keep a journal with all the books I have read by author so I don't double purchase. It has been known to happen. LOL Have you been to the used book store by LaBou? I have been going to this place since it first opened at the other location before I even lived here. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete