Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

As you all know, my boyfriend S just completed his second year of medical school at Michigan State. This means he also just finished his step 1 board exams (part of a 3-part medical licensing exam series). While he is very excited that he is done with this exam, I am excited because now I get my boyfriend back for a whole week! :)

S arrived in California on Friday night, but I was unable to visit with him (because I work) until he came to Elk Grove on Saturday night. When he arrived, we ate dinner and went to see the movie Super 8. For those of you who have not heard of Super 8, its the new Steven Speilberg movie that has been (quite accurately) described as a combination of Cloverfield and The Goonies. Overall, it was pretty good. I would definitely recommend it!


On Sunday, we went to watch the Sacramento River Cats, a minor league baseball team. I have been bragging to S for years about how good the RiverCats are and have joked about possibly seeing a no-hitter. Well, I got a surprise............The Sacramento RiverCats got their butts kicked big time. That was the worse I have seen us lose. Oh well. It was still a really fun day, minus the massive sunburn I got from sitting in the baseball seats.

Warming Up!
Goooooo River Cats!

Notice the Sunburn....ouch!
Well, thats all for now! I will update more when we go on more adventures! 

1 comment: