Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Week at Home

I'm officially back in Michigan and ready for 3rd year. I actually had my first day of orientation today (which I'll talk about later), but before I get to that...I need to blog about my fabulous week of "Summer Break"at home.

Since I took my boards after only 4.5 weeks, I was lucky to have 2 weeks of summer break. I know, I know - it sounds like nothing, but some of my classmates took boards a few days ago and only had 1 weekend of summer break. I would have gone crazy. The first week of my fabulous vacation I spent in Hawaii and Southern California, but the last week I headed up to NorCal to hang out with my friends and family in good ol' Elk Grove.

I got into the Sacramento airport late on Sunday night, but went straight to bed. It had been quite a long time since I have been home, so it felt great to sleep in my gigantic comfy bed.

The next day, my mom and I went to the SPCA. Both of my parents have been volunteering there for the last few months, so my mom wanted me to see where she was working. Well, I went... and I fell in love, with my new friend Carlos the guinea pig. He was just so sweet. After a few minutes, I knew that I wanted to adopt him. Sadly, my mom became my voice of reason and told me I needed to check 1) if I can take Carlos on the plane with me, and 2) if I can have guinea pigs in my new apartment. Unfortunately, Delta airlines have a strict policy and only allows you to "ship" a guinea pig. Clearly I was not going to ship a live creature, so I had to let Carlos go back into his cage at the SPCA :(


After leaving the SPCA, I got my hair done:

...and ate dinner at the most delicious restaurant in all of Elk Grove, Wasabi. It's a delicious Japanese steak house where they cook all the food right in front of you. Yum.

The next day, I went out to lunch with some of my very best friends. We went to this delicious Italian restaurant right next to Katie's workplace. After lunch, we decided to create our own "Take your friends to work day" and crash her day of work. This was the result:







The next day, my parents and I went out to the Sacramento/American Rivers to go boating for the day. Normally, Sam is the driver, while my mom and I sunbathe...but today, I got to drive the boat for the majority of the day! The boat maxes out at about 35-40 mph and I got it up to just about that high. I also did some donuts in the water to learn how to turn into waves. It was so fun. I am for sure getting a boat once I actually make a salary.




That night, the fam and I went to a Seafood buffet. We had to wait 1.5 hours, but it was so worth it. Crab legs, sushi, and many different types of shrimp. Delicious.


That weekend, S was able to rearrange his work schedule to get the whole weekend off! [Unfortunately, now he has to work for 14 days straight.] Since he was able to come up to Sacramento, we spent Saturday wine tasting with some of my very best friends. I had never been wine tasting, but it was something I have always wanted to do. I had such a great afternoon!




After we got done with wine tasting, Morgan and I had a double date with S and her boyfriend Nick at Chevys mexican restaurant! 
The waiter told us he took a "really good picture"
...this was it. Seriously? 



Sadly, my fabulous week at home eventually came to an end and I headed back to school. Thank goodness I have a whole week of orientation, because my brain is still on vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment