Sunday, May 26, 2013

ISP, Week 2

2 weeks down! 3 weeks to go!

Step 1 ISP is seriously the most I have ever studied in my entire life! It is really exhausting, sometimes tedious, but also very very interesting. I really do love about 90% of the stuff we are learning. This is so so different/better than studying for the MCAT.

This week, I slacked a little in the exercise department, slept in a few more days, but still got a ton of good studying in!  I focused on the Respiratory System and Cardiovascular System, along with trying to fit in some Pharmacology and Biochemistry/Immunology review. I am a little bit behind schedule on where I wanted to be, but not much. It definitely could be worse!

I just took my weekly NBME exam. If you remember last week, I said I had an (unrealistic) goal of improving 10 points each week. I was ecstatic last week after bumping up my score by a whole 14 points. This week, I definitely wasn't expecting any crazy score jump, but was hoping for about 5 more points. So, you can imagine my surprise when I finally pushed "view results" to see that I had jumped 17 points!!!! Thats right, folks...I'm up 31 points in just 2 weeks!! I am actually less than 5 points away from my ultimate goal score! Its such an encouraging feeling. I hope that I maintain this excitement throughout my studying for the next week, because I think I'm starting to get a tiny bit burnt out.

3 weeks and I will be done with Step 1 (hopefully forever) and laying on a beach in Hawaii with S. That sounds like bliss.


1 comment:

  1. Yay! You can do it! Your score will definitely go up if you keep up the hard work. Mine went up like 40-50 from the school-sponsored one, and even like 20 from my last NBME practice test before my real test. So just keep on going!

    ReplyDelete