Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Second Year Complete!!

I officially finished my second year of medical school yesterday! We had out last domain exam (Digestive/GI) from 8-10, which was actually really difficult...so we all waited anxiously for our exam results to be released at noon to make sure we passed. When 12 PM hit, I finally got to celebrate...I had passed the exam and was officially done with my pre-clinical coursework!

To celebrate, my friend Michelle and I went to the beach in Sleepy Hollow State Park! It was so amazing to have a completely free afternoon to lay out in the sun, have a few drinks (spiked 7/11 slurpies...yummm), and play with M's new pup Kuma!

Kuma

Spiked Slurpies

Beach Day



After playing at the park/beach for a few hours, we headed back to East Lansing and started to celebrate with our whole class...it has been so long since I have gone out to a bar in E.L, especially with most of my classmates. It was a great night and I'm so happy everyone came out to celebrate!

Couldn't have made it through the first 2 years without these girls! 

Story: This bar has all the tiles in the bathroom
covered with gravity...I did this one on my first night out in EL
and I found it when I went to the bar last night!

Today was my first day of ISP (intensive study period) for Step 1! Although I didn't do much intensive studying (only 3 hours of QBANK today), it still was a very productive day. I woke up late (11:30) with a pretty bad headache thanks to high doses of acetylaldehyde, but luckily that didn't last long. When I finally got up, I caught up on a few TV shows, picked up S's cap/gown for his upcoming graduation, signed my lease for next year, planned my ISP study schedule, went to my go-to study spot (Grand Traverse Pie Company) to study for 3 hours, went to the gym and am now finally catching up on blogging! It feels so great to have a day to do normal people stuff, because usually about 14 hours of my day is spent on school/studying.

Tomorrow, I'm going to really buckle down and put in my first 12 hour study day of ISP! I'm actually kind of excited to get started...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment