Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Boards Studying/NBME Practice Test

Hello blog world! Have you missed me? I know I have been MIA..but I have been rediculously busy. I promise to update everything from these last 7 weeks very soon, but for now here's whats been happening to me lately...

I am currently in my LAST week of pre-clinicals! Crazy! We are done with lectures, finishing up our last PBL case and have our last domain exam (GI) coming up on Monday. After that, its time to REALLY start intensifying my studies for 6 weeks before I take (arguably the most important exam of my career) the USMLE Step 1 exam! *cue scary music*

This week, a lot of things are coming to a close. I found out I passed my Clinical Skills Gateway/Exit Exam (which is a half-day testing that involves doing different clinical skills exams/interviews...kind of like Step 2CS for all of you medical students out there). I finished our last Clinical Skills experience (Phlebotomy). I turned in my last paper for Medical Humanities. We are currently working on our last PBL patient case. AND... we took our first NBME Step 1 practice test! I actually just got my score back about 10 minutes ago....the verdict: I actually passed! I didn't do great...but I passed! I'm so happy. Now, I can spend the next 6-7 weeks getting my score up to a place I want. I am not sure how many points students usually jump during their intensive study period...but I'm hoping the fact that I was able to pass without any real prep is a good sign. *crosses fingers*

Well thats all for now... Many new blogs to come, including my spring break trip to NYC, a research conference in Galveston, Texas, and all of the match day/4th year adventures S has been a part of over the last few months! But, now its time for me to get back to the books and learn all things G.I.

Phlebotomy lab! 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it's a good sign you passed without even studying. You're score will go up a ton after all of your dedicated studying. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete