Friday, April 6, 2012

Crosstown Showdown

Last night, about 20 of my classmates and I went to the annual "Crosstown Showdown!" This is a MSU (college team) v. Lansing Lugnuts (Minor League team).

We started the evening at the Roadhouse Pub. Then, we headed into downtown Lansing to go to the Colley Baseball Stadium. When I first heard that this was an annual game, I thought it was a really cool idea, but expected the Lugnuts to kick MSU's butt...they are a professional team, after all. However, after 6 innings, the score was 0-0. To be honest, it was kind of a boring game at that point. I'm just glad I was surrounded by great company to make it really fun! Top of the 7th, MSU again gets 3 outs without any runs, but then something changed. When the Lansing Lugnuts went to bat, they made not 1, not 2, not 3..but 7 runs! 7! In one inning. It was pretty crazy. I was obviously rooting for MSU, but at that point I was excited for some excitement!

So, in the end, MSU lost, but it was a really great event. Its always fun to get out of my little radiology/clinical center bubble. I can't wait for this summer to go to more baseball games in downtown Lansing!




No comments:

Post a Comment