Thursday, July 14, 2011

White Coat/Orientation Invitation

Orientation Countdown: 37 days!!! 

Today, I received my official invitation for my white coat ceremony as well as an order-form for my actual white coat! That email made me so excited, that I submitted all of my responses about 60 seconds after I received it! haha. The ceremony is set to for Sunday, August 28 in DeVos Performance Hall. For those of you who don't know what a White Coat Ceremony is, let me explain. Basically, it is the initiation into medical school. Each entering student gets called to the stage and is given their white coat (which they wear during all clinical settings during medical school). Lastly, all new students take their physicians oath. From what I have heard, these ceremonies are really great and make you feel like you have really accomplished something great. So, I am very very excited.

I also found out today that during our orientation we are required to participate in a day of community service. CHM's motto is "Serving the people" and one of the reasons I was so drawn to this school and medical program was its commitment to community service. I know everyone says that, but I genuinely do love going to new organizations and think this will be an amazing initiation into my time at MSU.

Lastly, I don't know if S is going to be upset with me about including this, but I just wanted to give him a shout-out because he just received his USMLE step-1 medical licensing exam scores back and......he is in the 99th percentile! Yes, that is the 99th percentile of medical students...which is crazy. I know he is a genius, but now I hope he realizes it too. His dreams of being a cardio-thoracic surgeon are definitely coming too. Now all I hope is he doesn't leave me in Michigan to go to Harvard...

3 comments:

  1. Go S! I wish I could be in that same boat. Alas, I'll be sitting further down that percentile graph. 99th, crazy!!!

    (And white coat ceremony is great, until you put on that short coat and realize that it makes you look incompetent among the longer-coated residents and attendings ;D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is exciting and congrats to S as well. I know you are going to make a fabulous doctor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Don't forget to post pics from your ceremony!!!

    ReplyDelete