Sunday, July 24, 2011

Tuition

Orientation Countdown: 27 days!!! 

I received my bill for my fall semester tuition yesterday. For this element of med school expenses alone, my bill is $27,105.75. Luckily, I do have financial aid so some of this bill magically goes away for 4 years. However, because interest rates are so high, I have decided to not take out the full amount of loans, but instead my very generous parents are letting me go into debt to them. So, they are loaning me a portion of the tuition money (interest free!!!) for a few years. So, after all of this, MSU financial aid is covering $21,149.00 and my parents are covering $6,956.75.

Even though this is a ton of money, I received my budget of how much tuition/living/books/equipment/insurance would cost a few months ago, so I have been mentally preparing for this HUGE amount of debt I will be collecting over the next few years. In fact, my first reaction towards seeing the bill was not shock, but more excitement because of the fact that med school is approaching so quickly! 

Oh, and on another note... I have officially decided that I will be road-tripping it across the good ol' USofA to get to Michigan (rather than flying and having my parents drive my car). So, I have a new countdown: 20 days until Roadtrip 2011 begins! 

1 comment:

  1. Good choice to road trip.
    Having family scattered all over America and as a travel nurse I drove across this country many times.

    I'm guessing you are on the west coast? Avoid a little of the heat and take I-80, it is also prettier and I think safer than the southern routes, like I-40

    ReplyDelete