Saturday, September 3, 2011

White Coat Ceremony!

My White Coat Ceremony was at 3:00 PM on Sunday, August 28th. I was expecting the ceremony to be nice, but it really was so great! The faculty's speeches really did make me feel like I have accomplished something big and it was such a great end to orientation week and a great beginning to the first week of classes. Our Dean, Masha Rappley, who I have already mentioned that I love, gave me another reason to love her. Her speech was amazing! She came up without wearing her white coat (she was the only one not wearing it) and in the middle she asked one of her other faculty members to coat her so that she could join us on this day. So, it wasn't that we were getting White-Coated by the faculty, but it really was like we were joining them. This is such a different concept from how undergrad was, because we were clearly not looked at equally to faculty, but in medical school you are considered a professional and on the same level as all of the physicians and faculty that work at the school. What a great realization that was!

Anyways, here are some pictures!







1 comment:

  1. So excited for you Kailyne. What a great looking bunch of future medical professionals. :) Thanks for sharing your experience with us. :)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete