Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring Break, Part 1

Welp, Spring Break is over...but, boy oh boy was it a good one. 3 Relaxing days in East Lansing, 3 fun-packed days back at home in California, and 3 (of the craziest days I have had in a long long time) in Las Vegas! I did so much this break, but it just went by way too quickly! Here is a photo journal of the first 6 days of break! (Vegas gets its own blog entry, obviously!)

Day 1-3: Relaxing in East Lansing! S and I got to lay around, watching on-demand movies, without having to study. This may sound insignificant...but let me tell you, this NEVER happens! Saturday night was date night. We started at a yummy Thai restaurant, went to a different restaurant for S'mores, and then went to see the movie "The Vow." Normally, I don't ask to go to sappy girly movies with S, because I know he hates them, but to my surprise, he actually liked it! S left my apartment on Sunday afternoon, so I had almost 24 full hours to clean my apartment, pack my stuff for California/Las Vegas, and get my life back in order. It was fabulous.

Date Night in East Lansing: Thai food for dinner,
S'mores for dessert, and a movie: The Vow

S enjoying his S'more

Day 3: My flight home! 

Airport Food: A Californian Club (I thought
that was fitting since I was flying to California) and
a Mai Tai (which knocked me out for my
whole flight..woo!) 

Day 4 (Tuesday): A morning full of doctors, including an eye doctor appointment. My big news: I now wear contacts/glasses. Medical school has made me very blind, so I'm glad to finally have something that will allow me to see again! After the morning of doctors appointments, I went to EGHS to watch a drill team practice...It was so great to come back and see all of the girls I coached last year! Finally, after practice, I drove out to Berkeley to meet up with one of my old roommates (Natalya). We started the night at our favorite Thai restaurant (I guess I ate thai a lot on break haha), went to Trader Joe's to get a couple bottles of wine, and then went back to her apartment to drink wine and watch the Bachelor "Women Tell All" Special. If you know me at all, you can just imagine how perfect of a night this really was. :)
One of my favorite visits at home: Visiting my girls at practice!
 Miss them all so much! 



Women Tell All Special + Wine = Perfect Girls Night
Day 5/6: Lots of fun things around town... Hot stone massage, facial, Jamba Juice drinking, pre-bachelorette party arts & crafts night, and hair dying!
Fulfilling a craving that I have had for months,
Jamba Juice!!
(I don't think these exist in Michigan!) 

Clearly this is not me..but, I got a lovely hour
long facial and hour long hot-stone massage
on break...that was just delightful! :) 


I also had "fun with dye" time. I died my own
hair AND my mom's hair! 
The "after" hair shot; I think I did pretty well! 
Getting ready for the bachelorette party!
Arts and Crafts Time! 

Kelsey's Surprise "Bachelorette" Sash

The sash's we all mad for the bridesmaids. They say
"Bride's Entourage" 

So, that brings us through Thursday of Spring Break.. Stay tuned for the rest! :)





1 comment:

  1. OMG med school ruined my vision too! :P Did you at least get some cute glasses out of it?!

    http://whitecoatails.blogspot.com/2012/01/med-school-ruins-your-eyes.html

    ReplyDelete