Monday, February 6, 2012

Vinyasa Hot Yoga

I have recently discovered that amazingness of Vinyasa Hot Yoga. After several months of my friend, Ghazala, talking about how much she loves practicing yoga, I finally fought my fears of passing out or looking like an idiot, and I attended my first yoga class. Much to my surprise, not only did I not suck that bad, but I also really really loved it! The studio has this deal for new students where you pay $10 for your first time and you get 10 consecutive days unlimited. So, I was all about that! In those 10 days, I went 4 or 5 times! Thats a lot considering how you all know how crazy hectic my school schedule is! Once my 10 days were up, I decided this is something I definitely want to stick to. Hot yoga is such a great exercise because you sweat like CRAZY that you know you just had a really great workout, but you leave feeling so relaxed and rejuvenated. It is so easy to focus on your school work after you have just done yoga, so I really think its going to be a great thing that I get into!

I will definitely post more about any yoga accomplishments once they happen, but one huge accomplishment so far: I can do a headstand! After only 4 days of working at it, I was able to hold a head stand for a good 5-ish seconds! I've gotten better at it, can hold it longer now and hope to keep working to strengthen my core so I can hand out in a head stand for a while! I will post pictures once I am good enough to hold it for a good picture! :)

Namaste! 

No comments:

Post a Comment