Monday, December 30, 2013

Justin Timberlake Concert

Hello readers! Like I mentioned a while ago, I have been so crazy busy the last 6 months that I have SUCKED at blogging...so now that I am on Christmas break (woo!!), its finally time to catch up.

So, here we go...

Way back in October, my musical hero (Justin Timberlake) came to Detroit to do a concert with Jay-Z. I unfortunately had to work, so despite how much I wanted to go to the concert, I knew that it was a no go. Three days before the concert, I decided that I would request a switch in my schedule. Administration made it incredibly clear that we were not, under any circumstances allowed to change our call days, but for some reason, I thought I would just ask. At this point, we were 6 weeks into my 8 week Internal Medicine clerkship, so I knew the clerkship director pretty well. So, I decided to be honest...

Me: "Julie...If I needed to switch one of my call days this week, would I be able to"
Julie: "Under no circumstance are you allowed to switch your call schedule" .... *looks around and whispers *"Come ask me in my office in 10 minutes"

10 minutes later...I walk to her office....

Julie: "Ok. So, why do you need to switch your call day?"
Me: "I don't have a good excuse. There is a Justin Timberlake concert I want to go to in Detroit."
Julie: "Hrmmm...Ok I will switch it for you, just don't tell anyone"

So, by some miracle I got the day off, snagged last minute tickets and got to attend one of the best concerts of my life!


Pre-drinks at Hockey Town across from the stadium!

Excited that we have TICKETS!! 


My souvenir. 



*Sigh* I love JT. I will marry him one day, just you guys wait!

1 comment: