Monday, October 22, 2012

Step 1

So, this happened today:


Yes. This is my registering for my board exams. I can't believe I am already getting to this point in my medical education....crazy.

For my non-medical student readers, the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Exams) are broken up into 3 parts. The first part is taken after your second year of medical school and tests all of the basic-science knowledge. The second part is during your fourth year of medical school and the third part is during residency. So, I know I am only starting in my long string of licensing exams, but its still pretty crazy that I am already at the point of Step 1!

Besides registering for my Step 1, I also had a final exam today! So, far I have completed 4 classes; 1 ethics class and 3 blocks: Neurology, Infectious Disease, and Musculoskeletal. So, although I have not been blogging as much as I would like to... I sure have been a busy bee in all of my classes.

This year is going by RIDICULOUSLY fast.... I am officially more than 50% done with this semester. Only one more domain until Thanksgiving break (Hematology/Oncology) and one additional domain  (Psychiatry) until Christmas! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment